Dr. Naveen C. Atluru
Raised in Long Island, NY from the age of 5 months till 18 years young.
Graduated High School from the prestigious Herricks Public High School in 2004. (TOP TEN PUBLIC SCHOOLS IN AMERICA 2019)
Took what would be the plane ride of his life from LI, NY to HYD, India in July of 2005. After which, in his heart he knew, Hyderabad was now HOME!
Started his medical career in September of 2005 in Deccan College of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad. Undergoing what some would call culture shock coming from one of the largest cities in the world, to Hyderabad, he began to assimilate and adjust incredibly quick. Finding his best friend and partner in life too in DCMS, Dr. Naveen met Dr. Vritika Gaddam, and they wed in October of 2011, just after both completed their M.B.B.S.
Dr. Naveen then went on to complete observships and clerkships in the field of dermatology and aesthetic laser surgeries from various clinics throughout the United States from 2011 to 2014. He worked in various clinical workshops and attended many conferences throughout this time as well, in NY, HOU, MIA, OH, Chicago, and West Virginia.
It was then in 2014 Dr. Naveen decided to enrol himself in the best post graduate degree program a private institute can provide, and he joined Sri Ramachandra University and Research Institute, Porur, Chennai. He worked under the guidance of renowned clinical dermatologist Dr. S. Anandan (Dean of Students and former HOD Dept. of Dermatology, SRMC). In his post graduate program, Dr. Naveen was also given the opportunity to teach, and was able to do so for the rotating medical students into the Dermatology department. From astute history taking skills to tying the most aesthetic suture in a dermatosurgery case, Dr. Naveen was provided the best training one could ask for under Dr. S. Anandan and his team of professors.
With his comprehensive clinical background Dr. Naveen then pursued to complete a thesis on alopecia areata, over the next three years. Graduating at the top 20% of his class, he then applied to continue his clinical education by applying for the senior resident program back at home in Hyderabad in 2017.
Dr. Naveen worked with amazing clinical dermatologists with immense knowledge in GMC for the next 12 months and was able to shape young minds by again teaching the post graduate students, this being more satisfying as he was engaging and very informative on topics such as eczemas, blistering disorders, pigmentatory disorders, and hair.
Dr. Naveen then completed his Fellowship in Aesthetic Medicine and went on to and received a Diploma in Aesthetic Laser Medicine, from the Institute of Laser and Aesthetic Medicine, University of Greifswald, Germany.
Dr. Naveen is an avid participant in the Indian Association of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy (IADVL) and IMCAS.
When he is not working, Dr. Naveen spends his time on the tennis courts, listening to music, networking with his peers, and playing with his children.
- Herricks Union Free School District
- New Hyde Park, New York, Usa
- Kindergarten Till 12th Grade (Graduated In 2004)
- Deccan College Of Medical Sciences
- Kanchangbagh, Hyderabad
- 2005-2011 M.B.B.S
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute
- Porur, Chennai
- 2014-2017 Md Dermatology, Venereology, & Leprosy
- Ilamed – Institute Of Laser And Aesthetic Medicine – University Of Greifswald, Germany
- Fam – Fellowship In Aesthetic Medicine (Mumbai, Sept. 2017)
- Dalm – Diploma In Aesthetic Laser Medicine (New Delhi, Oct. 2017)
- Aesthetics Chennai – Art & Science of Beauty – Aug. 2015
- DERMKID July 2016 – Sri Manakula Vinayagar Medical College, Pondicherry
- Melanocyte Keratinocyte Tranplantation Procedure and Anaphylaxis Stimulation Workshop – Dept. of DVL – CMC Vellore, TN – July 2016
- 4th Annual CME in Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprosy – Christian Medical College – Vellore, TN
- Free Paper Oral Presentation – CUTICON – Salem, TN – Oct. 2015
“Oral Florid Papillomatosis Manifesting in a Pemphigus Vulgaris Patient on DCP Therapy – A Rare Presentation”
- Poster Presentation – DERMACON – CODISSIA, Coimbatore – Jan. 2016.
“Pityriasis Rubra Pilaris in an Adult Presenting as Erythroderma”
- Indian Journal of Pediatric Dermatology – A Clinical Profile of Childhood Alopecia Areata in Chennai, India – Awaiting Publication
- Finalist in Zonal Round – Torrent Young Scholar Award Program – 2016 (South Zone)